According to one report there were about 45 minutes of commercials
during last night's two and a half hour "Lost" finale.  I know the
30-second skip button on the remote got quite  a workout as I skipped
over commercials on the DVR.  I tried to start watching at about 9:45 so
the show would still end by 11:30.  However even then I noticed that the
progress bar was beginning to catch up with last recorded position.

For those of you who haven't watched yet then I suggest you wait to read
the rest of my post.  For those who have I'll continue below.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I sum up the ending as "they all died happily ever after."   So what's
up with these series (as BSG also did) winding up on a religious note?
Shall we expect that Jack Bauer will suddenly get religion at the end of
tonight's "24" finale?   Or is this a conspiracy by the NWO as they
attempt to manufacture the apocalypse in time for 2012?  I agree with
one review is the show could have wound up a little early with Jack
saving the island by putting the plug back in.  The rest was just a
soppy reunion.