--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozg...@...> wrote:

> Welcome to the New Whirled Odor. :-D
>
> http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2010/06/25/don-martin-1-billion-in-security-buys-a-post-apocalyptic-toronto/

Fascinating. I lived in Toronto for several years,
and this is SO not how I remember it. I'll have to
check in to the Bruce Cockburn list to see what
they (lotsa Canajuns) are saying about this.

Interestingly, when you alerted me to the Bilderberg
Club meeting in my tiny town, I started looking
around for signs of change. I saw pictures in the
news of the hundreds of armed guards surrounding
the property they were meeting in, and heard quite
a few more helicopters overhead, but since the hotel
is behind the gates of a high-roller district out
of town, other than that there was no change here.
No stronger police presence in town, no traffic
diversions, nada.

Guess the Bilderberg Club has better security people
or location choosers than the G20, eh? They managed
to keep their bigshots safe and sound in such a low-
key way that had you not told me they were going to
be in town, I might never have noticed.