TurquoiseB wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozg...@...> wrote:
>
>> Welcome to the New Whirled Odor. :-D
>>
>> http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2010/06/25/don-martin-1-billion-in-security-buys-a-post-apocalyptic-toronto/
>>

> Fascinating. I lived in Toronto for several years,
> and this is SO not how I remember it. I'll have to
> check in to the Bruce Cockburn list to see what
> they (lotsa Canajuns) are saying about this.
>
> Interestingly, when you alerted me to the Bilderberg
> Club meeting in my tiny town, I started looking
> around for signs of change. I saw pictures in the
> news of the hundreds of armed guards surrounding
> the property they were meeting in, and heard quite
> a few more helicopters overhead, but since the hotel
> is behind the gates of a high-roller district out
> of town, other than that there was no change here.
> No stronger police presence in town, no traffic
> diversions, nada.
>
> Guess the Bilderberg Club has better security people
> or location choosers than the G20, eh? They managed
> to keep their bigshots safe and sound in such a low-
> key way that had you not told me they were going to
> be in town, I might never have noticed.

The difference between Bilderberg  and G20 is that Bilderberg is the
wealthy of the world and G20 is world leaders.  So you would have Obama,
Medvedev and folks like that at G20 and obviously they feel  or like to
portray it as a target for terrorism and beef up the security a
ridiculous amount.  Bilderberg dislikes press coverage and G20
encourages it.

It's all about the "elite" carving up the world and being "the deciders"
of our future.