There is no reason to believe that Vaj is a Buddhist. Apparently he has
studied some type of Buddhist practice, either by mere reading or from
some type of teacher. That doesn't make him a Buddhist.

Buddhists are very much into verifying their teachers and are quite
against "make-it-up-ism".

Not giving credit to your teachers often means that you don't have
any real ones at all.

Vaj doesn't want us to know who his teachers were or even if he had
any teachers. He has been asked this many times and refuses to say. He
may not have any teachers and may not want to say so because he believes
people here will consider this an invalidating background.

Taking refuge in Buddha, Dharma and Sangha will make him a Buddhist but
it will be in name only without having some validating teachers.

By the way - hidden gurus are the province of Theosophists, New Agers
and Sophists. So far he doesn't seem to assert this.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_re...@...>
wrote:

> > Vaj:
> > > Not "the" leading suspect, "a leading suspect".
> > >
> > Apparently this whole 'poison' rumor was made up
> > by the Svarupanand camp, in their effort to gain
> > control of the Jyotirmath Ashram. And then the
> > rumor was perpetuated by you and Perino on the
> > internet.
> >
> > There's no mention of this incident anywhere
> > else than I can determine.
> >
> > At one point you claimed that the poison rumor
> > originated with the Swami Rama of the Himalayas,
> > but, on a re-read, I saw nothing in the Swami's
> > book, 'Living With the Himalayan Masters', about
> > a Shankaracharya 'poisoning'.
> >
> > /FairfieldLife/message/181696
> >
> > It's very difficult to keep things like an actual
> > assassination of a Shankaracharya secret in India!
> >
> > I've been corresponding with various insider TMers
> > for over forty years and the first I heard about
> > this was on Usenet in 2001. The rumor wasn't
> > mentioned by John Knapp or Mike Doughney.
> >
> > You, being in the Prakashanand-Svarupanad 'inner
> > circle' of yogis would of course know more! LOL!
> >
> > So, I have come to the conclusion that you're
> > the main source of the rumor - which is not very
> > 'yogi' like, to say the least!
> >
> > About on the same 'yogi level' as Judith and her
> > book. So, I wonder why Judith didn't mention the
> > poison rumor? Go figure.
> >
> > "An old friend of mine, Professor Anoop Chandola,
> > learned meditation from the Shankaracharya of the
> > North that supported Maharishi. He laughed at the
> > idea that Gurudev had been murdered. There was
> > controversy over his death, but the blame was
> > concerning whether or not he should be moved, not
> > whether or not he was poisoned in the first place.
> >
> > As Professor Chandola pointed out, Gurudev was
> > the foremost spiritual leader of India in the
> > first part of the 20th Century (and MMY for the
> > second half) and there would have been riots in
> > the street if anyone seriously thought he'd been
> > assasinated..."
>
> It has occurred to quite a few people that the real reason Vaj is
trying to perpetuate his lie is because he is a "Buddhist". Anything
that would create a dispute whithin the Hindu community would make his
guru The Dolly Lama probably very happy.