Maharishi was a master at creating conflict and guilt regading sex. He
would come to men's courses and extol the virtues of celibacy then go
to the ladies courses and talk about how they should be married.
He would talk very very down to people who were in relationships.
A dear friend of mine who lived on/worked on M's wing in Europe, with
his wife (they ended up divorced) said M was very, very denigrating to
couples even though he had them working directly for him. He would
frequently have them each working on separate projects, never able to
see each other, and it they complained to him that they never got to
see their spouse, he, Maharishi, would really put them down in his
response, tell them to make a choice.

I remember him really putting Chris Wege down in India just before
Chris had a vedic wedding ceremony choreographed by Maharishi. But
before it happened-the wedding-although Maharishi never used anyone's
name in a massive put down of couples and marriage, it was clear he
was putting someone down and then Chris's wedding came right after the
put down.

I know there were many other instances of Maharishi putting
couples-relationships-sex down that I personally heard and experienced
and it did alter my life.

A friend of mine, long time pro TM guy, ardent devotee for almost 40
years now, who had a nervous breakdown years ago after wrestling with
the guilt of being married and the whole sex thing, in a final
"stroke", just before finally being committed (and subsequently making
a complete recovery) tried to slice his testicles and other male
equupment off. That's how guilty some people became.