On Sep 5, 2010, at 1:49 PM, emptybill wrote:

> Thanks for the tip. I'll look them up.
>
> No one else on FFL seems to have poised this Q.
> I'm wondering if an ethicist, philosopher or social scientist has
> considered it?
> The time may be coming in the current century when we feel the need to
> give it a very close look.

Tibetan Buddhism and Hinduism (and many other cultures) recognize a species of
interbeing that corresponds to the frequently observed "greys" of modern
angelic and daemonic mythos. Generally the people who are having "provocations"
("abduction experiences", etc.) of such (actually terrestrial) beings, in a
previous existence, or in the current one, have damaged ecosystems involving
water. Of course, if you don't believe in reincarnation, you could parse it as
subconscious elements or even neurological shadows of our reptilian brains or
something else.

For example, this morality, across time would mean that modern day humans
involved the Deepwater Horizon disaster would, in some future life, possibly be
tormented by "greys". Disease of the skin, etc. Unfortunately humans, having
relatively short lifespan durations, can't easily deal with beings whose
lifespans are vastly longer than theirs. Hell, they can't even get along with
other humans, in their own time-scale!

This is just one example. As with any beings, you have a number of reasons why
people in another dimensions of existence would happen upon them. Since their
scale of time is much, much longer than human beings, humans generally don't
notice them. That's also why their vehicles ("UFO's") seem to appear so quickly
relative to human-time, they're really in a much longer time-frame.

Thus judging them moralistically via human life is only relatively meaningful.