Yep, I agree.

Considering that most SciFi is human story telling, it can't go too far
in "imaginings" that are outside the envelope. At least Starship
Troopers assumed that contact with intelligent Bugs quickly would become
a race to annihilate the "Other".

However, Arthur C. Clark's novel, Childhood's End, came close to
positing the Other (not the look-like-devils) as inconceivable rather
than merely dangerous.

Considering that 75% of our galaxy's stars are in the hub, are 25-45%
older than our local solar system and are only 1-2 light years apart,
the chances of inhabited planets has got to be even higher than current
speculation. This might also explain why we have not been visited by
ET's. We are just too far away ... way out on the archipelagos.