--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "TurquoiseB" <turquoiseb@...> >
> Spiritual development is not some take-it-all-
> as-seriously-as-one-takes-oneself experience.

That just made me ponder on, why (Classical) Sanskrit
is so "fond of" compound words. One reason prolly is
that by using compounds one can "forget" most sandhi_s
and case endings. As an example, let's "study" this
suutra:

yamaniyamaasanapraaNaayaamapratyaahaaradhaaraNaasamaadhayo
'STaav an.gaani (...aSTau; an.gaani).

yama-niyama+aasana-praaNaayaama-pratyaahaara-dhaaraNaa-dhyaana-samaadhayo
'STaav an.gaani (...samaadhayaH[1]; aSTau; an.gaani).

Without presenting that as above, as a dvandva (simple coordination) compound
it would read (I guess, provided I could recall all the
genders correctly) like this:

yamo niyama aasanaM praaNaayaamaH pratyaahaaro dhaaraNaa dhyaanaM samaadhish
caaSTaav an.gaani.

1. Plural from samaadhi(H); in a dvandva of more than two components
the last word gets a plural ending