--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "TurquoiseB" <turquoiseb@...> wrote:

> Rory, given your prowess at "whispering," I wonder
> if you could do me a favor. I've been concerned
> about vegetables, and how they feel about us
> eating them. The next time you're serving some,
> could you ask them for me?

Actually, I have checked on that intermittently over the years, and most of
them (somewhat to my surprise) appeared quite happy to be assimilated.

Though predominantly vegetarian myself, I do not particularly share the
sentiments of many vegetarians regarding the supposed superiority of vegetables
over animals for eating. Though vegetables are arguably lighter and easier to
assimilate than animals, and though I did find a vegetarian diet quite helpful
at some points along the path, from here anyhow as far as I can see it is all
Us, and we are all constantly engaged in auto-cannibalism :-)

> I'm especially concerned about the brussel sprouts.
> Last time I cooked some they didn't seem happy
> about it at all.

Probably because you were insulting them in some way. Seriously, though,
brussels sprouts do appear to have a bit of that curmudgeonly essence about
them, don't they? They always remind me of old men's cigar-stumps :-)
.