--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wgm4u" <wgm4u@...> wrote:

> > Plus which, the labor movement is the only significant
> > organized body to advocate for the interests of the
> > wage-earning class against those of the investor class--
> > not just in terms of work rules but in terms of civil
> > and economic rights in general.
> >
> > And that's why conservatives (and business-friendly
> > Democrats) want to do away with unions.
> >
> > The struggle in Wisconsin isn't about budget concerns.
> > It's about the forces of corporatocracy and the wealthy
> > trying to pry the fingers of the labor movement loose
> > from the edge of the cliff.
> >
> > In an excellent Mother Jones article, "Plutocracy Now--
> > What Wisconsin Is Really About: How Screwing Unions
> > Screws the Entire Middle Class," Kevin Drum notes that
> > the labor movement is so important because
> >
> > "politicians don't respond to the concerns of voters,
> > they respond to the organized muscle of institutions that
> > represent them. With labor in decline, both parties now
> > respond strongly to the interests of the rich--whose
> > institutional representation is deep and energetic--and
> > barely at all to the interests of the working and middle
> > classes."
>
> It's pretty simple Judy, Public Unions (not Private Unions)
> enable the State to *launder* money directly from the tax
> payer to the Democart Party

The "Democart Party"? Is that some new third party? I
hadn't heard of it.

> through Union dues dictated by mandatory collective bargaining.
> (Unions donate overwhelmingly to Democrats)
>
> The *pay bosses* of the Democrats are the Public Sector Unions,
> hence you see the sheepish Democrats in Wisconsin buckling
> under to their Union Bosses wishes, what a foolish display of
> hubris.

I believe you need to look up the meaning of "hubris"
in Mr. Dictionary.

And did you have any comments on my post?

> The election in November clearly demonstrated the trend of
> the State

Walker gave no indication he was going to attempt to
take collective bargaining rights from the unions, so
I'm afraid you can't say anybody voted for this.

> in spite of what you think of Rasmussen's 'spat' comment
> (big deal).

It's a HUGE deal. Similar bills are pending or being
proposed in several other states by conservative
governors and legislators. If Walker wins this one,
they'll be emboldened to press forward.