--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@...> wrote:

> I don't live by clocks so I don't get disoriented at all.
> One thing they talked about this morning is because of
> cellphones fewer people have watches.

I've noticed this. You of all people may appreciate
this, but I wear a watch because of its "survivalist
value." It's a Breitling, and is worth considerably
more than my car. I got it back when I was going out
with a woman who worked for Breitling, and who could
get it for me at 30% of list price. I keep it because
it's way cool, keeps reasonable time, and because at
any point if the world *really* went to hell in a
handbasket I could walk into a storefront in almost
any city on earth, sell or pawn it, and walk out with
enough to live on for a few months. Nothing quite as
cool as "instantly liquidatible assets" in a fragile
economy, eh?