On Apr 24, 2011, at 9:20 PM, Rick Archer wrote:

From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Vaj
Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2011 7:41 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] What is waking down?

On Apr 24, 2011, at 8:11 PM, Tom Pall wrote:

> Every time Alex or someone else mentions Waking Down I go google it. I find websites which talk about about Waking Down but never give the high concepts. Would someone kindly state the high concepts of Waking Down for me? It appears Eastern in origin, repackaged into Western idioms and of course it's transformed zillions of lives. That's all I've been able to glean. I assume Waking Down wants to differentiate itself from waking up. How does it do that?

Bonder was a follower of Adi Da, Da Free John, Bubba Free John, Da Love Ananda, etc.

To find out where Bonder's approach comes from, look at Bubba's "radical, nondual, crazyman" message

If you actually listen to what he has to say, you’ll hear that he left Adi Da because he felt that continuing to associate with him compromised his integrity, his sense of morality, honesty, etc. I don’t know much about Adi Da, but I found Saniel to be a very honest, open guy, willing to admit when he was wrong, to revise his thinking and approach as his understanding and experience mature, etc. In other words, a spiritually mature fellow.

I'd suspect it was that way with many Adi Da students. When your guru starts putting out cigarettes on women's bodies as a teaching lesson, it doesn't take a huge amount of spiritual maturity to know "it's time to move on" and put on your running shoes (or at least call your attorney).