Tart, I'm going to forego commenting on your post, because
it stands on its own as the wisdom it is, and I have nothing
to add. Instead, I'll comment on the strangeness of us both
having seemingly arrived, via our disparate paths, at the
same basic realization about life.

>From my point of view, and seemingly from yours, life is
essentially Joy. Period. In theory, it should not matter
who or what you're looking at or focusing on; Joy is all
there is to be seen, or appreciated.

I find it fascinating sometimes that those who profess to
be "spiritual" get off on pronouncing that Joy and the Light
of life can only be found by focusing on the things they see
it in, or in doing the things they do. I find it wherever I
look, and I'm getting the strong feeling that you do, too.

What theoretical "higher" state of consciousness can rival
a good sunset? What supposedly "higher" Gandharva Veda chant
can rival the sound of a child's laughter? What future goal
can rival the majesty and wonder of Now? Does not compute.