Dear Ravi,

Well, I think I will let someone else (good friend that he is) speak on behalf
of myself—and who knows? maybe you too. Here's what this very nice fellow
said—it's been a while, mind you, since he said it, but I think he still
believes the same thing—No, in fact I am sure he does. You there, Ravi? Here
goes:

"Not merely learning about divine things but also experiencing them—that does
not come from mere intellectual acquaintance. . . but from loving the things of
God and cleaving to them by affection. Fellow-feeling comes from fondness
rather than from cognizance, for things understood are in the mind in the
mind's own fashion, whereas desire goes out to things as they are in
themselves; love would transform us into the very condition of their being.
Thus by the settled bent of his affections. . . the lover of divine matters
divinely catches their gist."

Isn't this Ravi Yogi all over?

But (this close friend of mine) also said (not incompatible with previous
statement):

"Truth is a divine thing, a friend more excellent than any human friend."

To the consternation and chagrin of a few readers on this blog I happen to
believe wholeheartedly in both these—let me call them this—PERCEPTIONS.

The last—Hi, Ravi—idea of my friend (It is not exactly an original notion I'd
say—but it's the succinctness of the way of it getting said that sticks with
me) is, even in a purely psychological sense, germane to our present situation:

"Everything is provided for in the scheme of the universal cause; nothing can
evade it."

(Although speaking on behalf of myself, as a victim of your eviscerations of my
beliefs and autobiographical confessions, I would have to end with a final
quote—same person:
"Nothing appears more to impugn divine providence in human affairs than the
affliction of the innocent.")

But let's get serious, Ravi.

We both seem more or less unyielding in our own original ways of seeing things,
Ravi [my erstwhile Unity Consciousness, your ongoing Self-Realization]. I am
happy to leave it at that. This friend, whom I have quoted here, he did teach
me (directly and indirectly) more than MMY did—although nothing in my
experience can touch the brilliance, the power, and the joy of those eighteen
years when I thought Maharishi Mahesh Yogi (and his Teaching—and the context he
created inside creation for me to exist and thrive) the functional equivalent
of God.

Since (in my opinion) Maharishi (and his metaphysical context) went as far as
anything could go towards the experience and reality of Heaven itself (inside
of oneself I suppose), the fact that in the end he proved to be a charlatan—and
oh so subtly corrupt through and through—must mean that he (and his Teaching)
was mocking something that WAS real and true (or so I must infer, given the
person that I am).

Therefore, Ravi, there is a truth ("more excellent than any friend"—or, I would
add, any lover) that we will enter into when we go through the experience of
death. My reason for posting on this blog, believe it or not, is to prepare
myself for just this very non-contingent reality. It's coming up for me, in
other words, whether I like it or not.

I excepte your Beloved in this; I realize he/she never even got born. That, I
have to admit, is a considerable advantage over myself. He/she ain't no afraid
of dying either.

In any case, I have to conclude that opposition from the Ravi Yogi, why, it's
just part of the happy ordeal of getting ready for what I will encounter (and
never be fully ready for) when my soul is—forcibly—separated from my body.

When that famous saint [something I have quoted previous posts] said:
"Everything is grace", what she meant was that everything that is happening in
the universe—including the decisions made by our own very private free
wills—and all the suffering and violence and injustice—can be apprehended, if
one is given supernaturally this perspective, to be not happening outside of
the intention of a Personal Intelligence.

Alas, I have not been afforded this sainted viewpoint.

But anyhow, Ravi, even this quarrel between us, when I am rendered dumbfounded
by your chameleon, protean, quicksilver shifts of mood and thought,
is—necessarily—part of this grace.

And so, I should be content. And, I think, after this latest exchange (at least
when it comes to the happy, merry, infuriating flourishes of one Ravi Yogi), I
am.

Can we leave it at that, Ravi?—I mean with the implicit promise you will not
"afflict the innocent"? Like St Francis, I am more trusting in Sister Death
than the whirling dervish Indian engineer who has so tormented [Why, oh why,
God?] me since I came onto this blog.

But you must NEVER think you have pierced the armour of my unassailable and
indefectible personal belief system. Only Mr Death can do that (I have, I know,
switched genders).

Look, Ravi—and by golly this is the last time I am going to tell you this: I AM
RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG. Simple procedure whenever your own beliefs deviate
from what I have laid down in my posts: This is not the signal for you to start
to ARGUE with me, but rather (someday you will be grateful to me for telling
you this) is the sign (from your Creator) to SUBMIT—and jettison those
offending beliefs.

When is this going to get through to you and your Beloved?

I have STOPPED evolving; you, I assure you, young man, you are STILL evolving.

As I close here, Ravi, my friend, I feel this has been a fair and equitable
exchange of opinions.

Aristotle has said (again in the words of my good friend) that "those who are
moved by divine instinct have no need to take counsel according to the reason;
they follow an intimate instinct and ARE MOVED BY A BETTER PRINCIPLE." [my
emphasis]

This, I must believe, applies to the case of that immortal soul Ravi Yogi.