Hilarious Curtis. I really think you could be some sort of spiritual Dave
Barry if you could find the right outlet.

From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of curtisdeltablues
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 11:45 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Help a Saint - Lose Your Badge

So I'm walking to the dome trying to keep my cashmere shawl out of the Iowa
cow pie infused dust (as everyone knows I'm a never miss dome guy), and I
pass by an Indian man with Shiva-like Dreads (you know the other Rastas) and
he is whimpering at his hand. As I get closer I see that he has a large
thorn stuck in his palm. His other hand is being held up by an atrophied arm
in the air for tapas to garner a boon from the capricious gods who have the
lust for the bizarre like a judge in the first rounds of America's Got
Talent when they cart out all the wackos to traumatize them in front of a
national audience.

So you can imagine how conflicted I felt knowing the POLICY. I mean the guy
can't use his atrophied arm and I never go anywhere without a pair of
tweezers due to my policy of preemptive attack on my uni-brow, so I am
obviously the right guy to lend a hand. But I don't want to let the world
down if I get bounced from the dome so I don't jump right in but ask him
"excuse me sir but do you happen to be a saint?"

"Why yes, I am considered a saint in my Shaivist tradition for my years of
tapas and the fact that I walked here from India on the ocean floor using my
extreme pranayama techniques that allow me to breath like a fish. I am so
close to my Lord that I even indulged in a bit of a menage with Parvati and
him one time after one too many chillums on Mt. Kailash. Could you please
help me kind sir and remove this thorn so I don't have to stop my arm
holding which is highly pleasing to the Lord and is among his youtube
favorites?"

Thinking about the weight of the world on my own shoulders with my dome
responsibilities I had to think quickly. I remembered an old Navajo Indian
(I know Native American, Native American) trick I had read about once and
proceeded to give it a try. I ran away sticking my fingers in my ears and
saying "LA LA LA LA LA LA", and sure enough I soon found that his voice
faded in the background just as the ancient story described. (Note to self,
try out their method of squaw acquisition from neighboring village next)

So I am getting closer to the Golden Orbs and am with great restraint NOT
referencing them as huge golden ta-tas because I have used that joke here
one too many times, when I hear a tiny voice that seems to be coming from an
open well. As I approach I distinctly hear a female's voice coming from the
well alternating devotional bhajans with pleas for help getting out of the
well. "Sonovabitch, not again" I hiss to myself. Having learned something
from my last encounter I didn't lean into the well so she could see me but
just shouted "Are you a saint?"

A tiny voice responded "yes kind sir I am known as the hickey saint and my
followers are all marked from my divine cherries on their necks. Having
identified another threat to my own divine mission of saving the world while
leaning against a backrest I thought fast.

Making crackling noises with my mouth I said "I'm sorry you are breaking up,
please call back later when I am out of this dead zone."

Quite pleased with myself I hoofed it to the dome, got in a fight with a new
guy who tried to take MY spot (my back rest serves as a mighty mace when
swung properly), adjusted my comfy shawl around my shoulders, and promptly
fell asleep.

Just another day in the life of the man who is saving the world.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com> , Denise Evans <dmevans365@...>
wrote:

> Â Of course one doesn't "have" to spend a dime....I was thinking of the
word "helping a saint" in the larger context. Â I helped myself in the
production to keep things running smoothly in that I did some simple kitchen
duty.
> There was encouragement to spend $$, of course...donate to the
organization..purchase educational materials, etc. Â That's O.K. Â