Dear Tom,

Just to clear one thing up. I never paid any attention to post counts, because
I never knew anything about limits. I probably should have; no doubt I was sent
this information. But if ignorance is no excuse under the law, you at least
should know that I was plumb dumb about this regulation, and it did not seem
indulgent for the authorities to overlook this initial flouting of the rules,
when, as a recent arrival in this country (FFL), I had no idea that there were
any binding laws of the road. And besides, I found myself, once I began
posting, having to fend off or respond to a multitude of voices, each one more
or less making a demand upon me to clarify, to prove myself.

Of course had I known about the rule, you may be sure I would have conformed.
And since it is the spirit not the letter of the law that counts, are you
willing to say that, in suspending the normal punishment when it came to me,
the editors at FFL violated your sense of justice?

Because if this is your experience, I am willing, in being sincerely convinced
of this conviction of yours, to TAKE THE NEXT WEEK OFF FROM POSTING.

Would it seem a more just universe if I did this? I assure you I am willing to
bear the consequences of my actions.

MZ