On Jul 15, 2011, at 12:59 PM, Bhairitu wrote:

The now overpriced south Indian restaurant there serves a killer butter
chicken, the yogurt sauce variety not the tomato one.

The main difference I found between food in India and here was the rice
is a bit different in India. I found one restaurant in San Francisco
just off Webster which had more authentic Indian food.

I've got some kick-ass recipes for homemade tandoori chicken/quail and butter chicken which will knock your socks off if you like Indian food. They're both done in a two-stage marinade, best done overnight - all homemade. It would take me a while to get them all typed in, but they've gotten rave reviews from friends who've had them.