Thank you for your reply. I have a busy day or two ahead, and I want to digest
this, but I am not dropping it. Just a few comments in the meantime. While
spiritual traditions often 'recommend' specific types of behaviour,
enlightenment itself does not prescribe or proscribe any kind of behaviour;
whatever the world does is what happens. The conceptual view of the world we
have determines much of the reality of what we see in it, how we interpret
events, and how we think other people are. These concepts are different for
every person, and their reality is not universal, they exist only the world of
our mind. Barry's post #51036 was unkind. But that was six years ago. Some
loosening up of the darker shades of thought must have occurred in that time,
unless evolution of experience has frozen in time for both of you. It's a
stress. Stress blocks the ability to appreciate in a simple direct way and
appreciation then comes through in a tortured constricted manner. I infer that
by analogy because I had a streak like that in me when in my 20s; I am not even
sure it is completely gone, but it has been significantly worn away. Life does
not have the requirement that you 'like' Barry and vice versa. There are no
contradictions on the level of being, only in the mind do they exist; it is the
resolution of those contradictions in the wider field of experience that brings
us peace, but those contradictions still remain as contradictions in the mind,
in logic. Everything one sees in the world, even our mental projections, is
authentic, and absolute; lack of tolerance for what is absolute gets one
nowhere. This does not mean you cannot change the world or cannot make it a
better place, but you have to flow with the world because it is far more vast
than anyone's individuality.