--Here is an excellent quote and the website from whence it came:

Saints and Yogins will never think that they have controlled the
mind. Only the deluded Sadhaka will imagine he has controlled the
mind and get a terrible downfall. It is the very nature of life,
mind, and Prakriti to be constantly in motion. When there is the
idea in the mind that the highest goal is yet to be achieved, you
will always move towards it. If you imagine that you have got to the
top, you will anyhow have to move, and that movement will be
downward. You will have a downfall. Aspire for higher realization
till the breath ceases in the nostril.
Website:
http://www.dlshq.org/teachings/sadhana.htm

- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Gimbel"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > --Why does an "Enlightened One" bother to do anything? If one is
> > completely fulfilled within himself, or herself, why "do"
anything?
> > Inherent in the question is the notion that nothing of value can
be
> > gained by relating to other's experience, hopes, questions, of
> > people that have spent years on the path, and are still very
much
> > seekers who are seeking.
>
> Lawson (who asked the question initially) can speak
> for himself, but I seriously doubt that was inherent
> in the question as far as he was concerned, and it
> certainly wasn't in my mind either.
>
> It's amazing how many wild things folks have read
> into what Lawson asked.
>

> > The whole thing seems to me to be a feeling, that unless you
have
> > some postition that society considers meaningful or powerful or
> sexy
> > or whatever, then you are just 'another brick in the wall'.
> > It is exactly this attitude which keeps people idolizing the
false
> > gods of our culture.
> > Some people are just more interested in money; take for example
> > Deepak Chopra; he has basically plagerized all of Maharishi's
work;
> > He dosen't seem enlightened to me, although he does seem to be
> > devoted to making as much money as he possibly can..and not to
just
> > pick on him, but we see mega examples of this attitude prevalent
on
> > our culture, that money is the end goal of everyting..
> > The movies every week: How much did each gross, this weekend.
> > There was a time, when things were not analysed solely on the
> basis,
> > of how much it grossed this past weekend.
> > I myself like participating in this discussion, because I feel
that
> > I have acheived a lot on the path to enlightenment, and wish to
> > share with others my experience, creativity, and compassion.
> > And, I wish to learn from other's and I have learned a lot,
since
> > discovering this forum, just a few months ago..
> > What's wrong with that?
>
> Did anybody say there was something "wrong" with it?
>

> > - In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
reading/posting
> > on
> > > this

> > > (It would seem you haven't seen my response to
> > > this, BTW, the one that suggested you'd completely
> > > missed the point of what I wrote.)

> essentially
> > an

enlightenment