Might be because you're using an old version of Yahoo Mail. I switched to the
new version when it came out a few months ago, and the two test posts I sent
via email clearly show what happens when a URL is simply plunked in the message
area and sent. The link in the plain text mail was clickable; the link in the
rich text mail was not.