Ooh, Jagger is such a courageous opinion-maker putting himself out
there and risking the wrath of the powers that be. Ooh, what a
trailblazer.

It should be noted that the last time Jagger and the Rolling Stones
ever tried to do something controversial was back in the '70s when
they wrote and recorded the song "Claudine" about Andy Williams' ex-
wife Claudine Longet who murdered her lover, ski Champion Spider
Sabish, in 1976 and served only 30 days in an Aspen, Colorado jail.
Those brave souls, the Rolling Stones, were so fearful of being sued
by Longet, that they never released the song and it is only
available as a bootleg.

At least Bob Dylan recorded and released "Hurricane" in support of
Rubin "Hurricane" Carter (who, of course, turned out to be so
obviously guilty as hell).

Boy, that Mick is really brave, isn't he?

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Robert Gimbel
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jagger mauls Bush
> (Tuesday August 09, 2005 10:14 AM)
>
> The Rolling Stones accuse President George W Bush of being "full
of sh*t" on their new album, it has emerged.

> "Sweet Neo Con", one of the tracks on the band's forthcoming LP "A
Bigger Bang", is known to be fiercely anti-Bush.

> However, the full force of the lyrics and Mick Jagger's disdain
for the American leader has now been confirmed, with The Stones
singer revealing the lyrics in a new interview.

> An extract from "Sweet Neo Con" features the following lines: "You
call yourself a Christian, I call you a hypocrite/You call yourself
a patriot, well I think you're full of sh*t."

> Speaking to Newsweek, Jagger explained the background to the
track. "It is direct. Keith said (adopting Richards' voice), 'It's
not really metaphorical.'

> "I think he's a bit worried because he lives in the U.S. But I
don't," commented Sir Mick.

> "A Bigger Bang" is released on September 5 and is preceded by the
single, "Streets Of Love" on August 22. The band begin their
forthcoming world tour in Boston on August 21.

>  Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses.

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12h94hivs/M=364397.6958316.7892810.4764722/D=groups/S=1705171145:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123703864/A=2915264/R=0/SIG=11t7isiiv/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=34443/*http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs";>Get
 fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home
page</a></font>