________________________________
From: turquoiseb <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 12:01:39 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Democratic Base Solidly Behind Obama

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bob Price <bobpriced@> wrote:
> >
> > Response II: Or how bout coming back as Tenzing, knowing full
> > well you had to carry that lout the last half mile. I also
> > wonder what exercises everyone uses to test their perceptions.
> > I personally like to test the process rather than the content.
> > One exercise I practise is staring at women from different
> > distances. I've noticed that many women who are attractive
> > close up are also attractive at a distance and that many
> > women who are not so desirable close up can also look great
> > far away. This could mean different things, although the
> > wife's favourite is" maybe its time for a visit to the
> > optometrist".
>
> I would propose -- as merely an alternative theory,
> not in any way a challenge to the wife -- that another
> explanation is that at our age, when we see women at a
> distance, what we're really seeing is their auras. The
> auras are often far more attractive than the women
> themselves are up close.

BTW Bob, I'm actually fairly serious about this.
The aura -- whether we consciously "see" it or not
-- in my view encapsulates the full multi-incarnational
profile of the person in question. The aura, to paraphrase
Walt Whitman, "contains multitudes."

The face and body, on the other hand, contain primarily
only the successes and samskaras from This Time Around.
Boring. I find myself these days far more interested in
the full incarnational profile of women I find attractive
than I am in just the latest model. To come back to my
earlier mention of Isabelle Adjani, she has mentioned
in interviews that her decision to portray Queen Margot
and Camille Claudel was partially based on the suspicion
that she might have actually been those women. In a less
beautiful woman I'd write that off as self importance
and ego, but with her, based on once having seen her
aura at a distance on a Paris street, I'm willing to
cut her a break. :-)
This makes complete sense to me and although Isabelle Adjani is
truly stunning I'm more interested in all the lives of Eva Green, particularly
the one where I was her plumber lover. I don't see time and matter as being
very certain, why would I if I believe in something as fantastic as
reincarnation---not to mention seeing dead people. My conviction of the reality
of transmigration of the soul has a certain 'Billy Pilgrim" favour to it. I
believe when I die I will become unstuck and heaven knows what time I might end
up in. Thats why I run like hell the other way if a woman tells me she was Anne
Boleyn in a past life---God knows if it was in her past or just around the
corner.