I did the sidhis techniques 2x a day for 13 years (1980-1993).

My experience of each sutra was that through its vibration when thought, a
sutra weaves a fabric of the spacetime continuum that favors its result. How
that meshes with us as individuals determines the successful outcome or
otherwise, of the sutra. It is a willful tuning of our nervous system to favor
a result.

A few of the ones I learned 30 years ago work well to this day, without doing
the practice. The whole experience brought me to the conclusion that my  senses
and consciousness don't stop with me, but continue threading their way into my
outer world to the point where it becomes impossible to distinguish what is me
and what is the other, though I obviously continue to operate normally within
my expanding environment.

As a review of the techniques themselves, I never felt they were damaging in
any way. The only issue I ever had was that they tended to make me feel
ungrounded at times, spaced out, as I suspect they did many others. However
they were truth in advertising, in other words, quite powerful, and if you
followed the guidelines, no problemo. :-)