Thanks Rory, enjoyed your beautiful response.
--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "RoryGoff" <rorygoff@...> wrote:

> Beautifully put, Ravi. Until we internalize absolutely everything in
our creation, take full responsibility for all of it, we are in a sense
just attempting to whitewash the jail cell. That's why I like to point
out that "being beyond the three gunas" means being beyond *all three
gunas*, not just beyond rajas and tamas. It is a natural stage to want
everything to be sattvic, but again, that is just whitewashing the jail
cell.

> On the other hand, if the cell is whitewashed enough, it does actually
dissolve, as the octopus or Cosmic Cephalopod remembers that all of that
lovely/horrible camouflage is really Us! So favoring sattva does (or
may) eventually clarify the intellect enough for it to recognize its own
transparency, allowing the camouflagey distinctions to surrender back
into our own blanched-out mindskin! Again, many thanks, Denise -- what a
video that is! :-)

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmDTtkZlMwM
>

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ravi Yogi" raviyogi@ wrote:
> >
> > Steve,
> > I'm very well aware of the progress made by blacks. I'm not here to
> > debate social issues. My point was that all social changes are
> > superficial, of the accidental, of the samsaara, of the maya.
Regardless