As usual, after a fashion, we arrive at a sincere place.  Thanks for your
response.  I keep thinking that we might be able to arrive here quicker without
the provocation of calling me a Buddhist or pain-projecting liberal or that I
have made a random list of people my idols.  Perhaps not.  Maybe it is the
weird dynamic of bringing my name into a conversation with some label I reject
that makes our conversations possible.  But I appreciate that through the storm
I am usually left with a feeling of connection across the abyss of the
Internet.  I suspect your provocative style would play better in person with
accompanying visual rapport signals.  But I end up liking you in the end Ravi.

As for the content of your claim, I have no reason to doubt that this is your
experience and that it has a solid physiological basis.  We would differ in its
value and purpose and how we are to interpret the perspective it gives you.  As
you know I reject that the ancient systems of spirituality have these states of
mind figured out reliably.  I believe we have to integrate our current
knowledge of how the brain functions to understand the meaning and value of
these states.  But the fact that you are in the grip of a compelling experience
that has transformed your relationship with the rest of the world, that seems
pretty clear.  And you seem self aware enough to understand that from outside,
I am unlikely to assume my identity as a product of your creation.  I have over
5 decades of hard work behind me to create the person I am today.  I can't give
you credit for any of that.

So we are a left with the fact that humans have a capacity for the kind of
experience you describe, but we must all seek out an understanding of them that
makes our lives function.  It is the human condition with or without spiritual
labels.  We are complex, busy creatures with a marvelous capacity for
imagination.  We are also a creature who is capable of hideous self-delusion
concerning our place in the world.  And both you and I have to make our own
judgement calls on how well we are managing that tendency.  I can only wish you
well on your journey, and empathize with your challenges of being presented
with a dramatic shift of awareness to integrate.   Life is full of challenges
for all of us.  I have my own crosses to bear, inner and outer.

But to follow up on the idea that you have created the universe...I just want
to put in a little request.  You see the drains in my old VW Jetta have
apparently been plugged up by the leaves of the trees you created.  Now since
you created the German bastards who have diabolically hidden these internal
rain channel drains when building my car so it is hard to find and clear them,
I am left with puddles on the passenger side of my car with all the rain you
have been dropping on my ass lately.  OK so here is the request.  Till I can
figure out how to clear these drains, is there any chance you can hold off on
your mildew creatures setting up an outpost in my car?  I know they are some of
your most beloved creations due to the insanely high numbers of their family
living on our planet, but can you steer them away from the black Jetta GT here
in Alexandria for a while?  I hope it isn't too much to ask.  And please send a
vision to one of those German mystics to tell them to stop using the phrase
"German engineering" as if it is something to brag about.  This is a design
flaw pure and simple and they don't deserve those bragging rights.  (And yes,
I've owned a Mercedes and they still don't have a case.)