--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
<anartaxius@...> wrote:

> This was a splendid post Ravi (in response to Curtis). It reminds me of
> something I read some days ago about the 1970s est training concocted by
> Werner Erhard. It was the est mission statement which was 'The purpose of est
> is to transform one's ability to experience living so that the situations one
> had been trying to change or had been putting up with, clear up just in the
> process of life itself.'
>
> That is actually not saying anything except there is a change of perspective
> about the nature of life. Life remains the same as it always has been. As the
> experience settles in, maybe things will smooth out a bit as it becomes more
> familiar to experience life this way, with this perspective; the main thing
> is not trying to suppress the experiences you have, suppressing is the thing
> that would keep experiences of roughness in a holding pattern.
>
> You may be in a really good state because at some point the ability to
> suppress experiences about the past get fatally crippled, and it just starts
> to come out.

RESPONSE: And the est training turns you into an idiot, even while conferring
upon you the infallible sense of confidence that you are connected to the
secret context inside reality. It is seductive, it is powerful, and it is
false. My opinion from speaking personally with WE, and interviewing one of his
trainers, and many of his graduates. Landmark Education (I had it out earlier
this year with one of WE's acolytes who, briefly, began posting on FFL—on
behalf of this very metaphysic you quote: she retired from the scene. You might
have a look at those posts.) reconditions one's consciousness such that one
entirely forgets what it was like to be the me (inside all the suffering and
tension and complexity of existential life—as served up to one by one's
Creator) one was before one "took the training" (attended Landmark Education;
before that The Forum; and before this: est).

It is one of the most tragic and unspeakable things to speak to someone who is
under the mystical tyranny of Werner Erhard's system. Although, to repeat, the
experience is profound and unforgettable—and it *works*. The transformation
does in fact occur. But that transformation confuses and deceives the soul. It
is a great evil. A human being who has "got it" according to Werner, has "got
it" *at the very expense of reality itself*. I have never encountered a person
more subtly screwed up by anything—including every New Age religion or
cult—than someone who has passed through—successfully—the experience that is
waiting for one if one signs up for Landmark Education.

Your very consciousness becomes an evangelist for Werner Erhard—without any say
in this.

Whew! I hope you think before you act upon what you construe as the wisdom of
Werner's words. It (est, The Forum, Landmark Education) is the biggest mind
f*** in existence. Mind f***? As in: It will alter your whole experience of
self and reality such that you can't recapture any objectivity to reflect upon
your previous and perhaps mostly implicit personal metaphysic [before you took
the training]. Werner truly gives one a born-again experience—but at the cost
of sacrificing the essential integrity of who you are as a person.

You are born into Werner's universe.

Just giving you my opinion, Xenophaneros Anartaxius.

 I have to come to the realization that I have created the Universe, the