> Since my first posts about this new HBO series seem to
> have generated a veritable firestorm of overreaction
> and hysteria, I might as well continue talking about it.  :-)
>
> The more I see the overreaction to what I wrote here
> on FFL (most of it from people who haven't even seen
> the series themselves)

This is really worrisome. The only person who did any
overreacting in these threads was Barry himself, in
response to comments from Bhairitu that he didn't like.

A grand total of six people (not including Barry) made
contributions of any kind to the threads. Of those,
four hadn't seen the series:

Ravi responded (quite mildly) only to Barry's unpleasant characterization of
him; he didn't comment on the series.

Willytex provided a link to the trailer, without comment.

Whynotnow made a comment on enlightenment per se, without
reference to the series.

I drew a parallel between what I've read about the plot
of the series and the Occupy Wall Street protests.

Only one of these posts, mine, made any kind of reference
to the series, and then only to make a point about the
Wall Street protests. The fact that these four people
hadn't seen the series was utterly irrelevant to what we
wrote.

And none of these posts was even *remotely* "overreaction"
or "hysterical."

Nor were the contributions of the two people who *had*
seen the series, Susan and Bhairitu.

Yet according to Barry, this was "a veritable firestorm
of overreaction and hysteria."

Go figure. I guess he was disappointed that his posts
*hadn't* stirred up more reaction and had to make up
a fantasy to console himself.