My apologies, although you will note in retrospect that
1) I never named the source of the remark, and 2) never
said that it was the only such remark. (It wasn't...at
least one other person made a similar comment before I
echoed it.)

That said, I do apologize, and agree that any comment
you might have made was "early on," before you got into
deeper conversations with the guy. And you are welcome
to your impressions of him; I just have different ones.

*That* said, and if there is any passive aggressive
intention involved on my part, it was to see how both
Bob and Robin react to learning that the image of Robin
sitting around in drag writing to FFL wasn't my invention?

My intent was not to reveal any dickness on your part,
but on theirs. As you and most people here probably know
(but possibly not them, because they're both relative
newbies), I've lived in towns that are 40% gay, worked
for companies in which all employees other than myself
were gay, and am counted by my gay friends as one of
the least homophobic people they've ever met. What I
am is a sucker for metaphors that capture a particular
type of human behavior and a particular style of bad
writing. I still believe that the posting-in-drag
metaphor is right on. At least one person here agreed
publicly, and a couple more did in email responses.
But YMMV, and I don't want to push the metaphor on you
or anyone else if you disagree with it. I just stick
to my guns when it comes to my right to use it.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@...>