Xenophaneros Anartaxius:
> I sit facing forward because that seems to be
> the easiest and most natural way to do it...

The most important point is to never sit with your
back facing a door! Always sit in the corner facing
the door - never let a spirit sneak up behind you.

It's just common geomancy.

To this fellow's way of thinking, the very first use
of human geomancy, 50,000 BCE, in relation to human
dwelling, was the controlled use of fire sticks.

Contrary to popular opinion, it is quite possible
that ancient man invented human geomancy through the
ritual use and placement of flame in his dwelling -
the hearth.

Apparently, the first use of fire by man was NOT
for warmth, nor for cooking food, but instead,
fire was placed in the 'hearth' as a fetish or
symbolic geomantic gadget to be meditated upon via
herbal tonics and various mental energetics, in which
the Pan Man sought to impress the Old Hag.

Since Barry doesn't have a Hag, old or otherwise, we
can only assume that playing with fire sticks is a
personal fetish on his part. Go figure.