--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:
<snip>
> Jobs clearly signed his own death certificate with the
> strange idea that he could force a rare form of
> pancreatic CA into remission through diet.

Actually, no, that isn't at all clear. Just for
one thing, if the cancer had already spread to
his liver when it was discovered in his pancreas
(metastases to the liver might well not have been
detectable at that point), surgery to his pancreas
wouldn't have helped, so the delay may not have
done any harm.

And apparently he spent months after his diagnosis
consulting with many physicians. Delaying the
surgery was a thoughtful, considered decision, not
a hasty, panicky one, and certainly not a blind one.

Several physicians (including one on his team)
think that under the circumstances, delaying the
surgery wasn't an utterly unreasonable choice,
even though they would have recommended that he
have the surgery sooner.

It wasn't as cut-and-dried a situation as those
who are scornful of any nonstandard treatment (but
who, like Vaj, have no medical expertise) would
like to believe. There were many different factors
involved, the facts of most of which are known only
to his physicians and family.

The NY Times had an article going into all this the
other day:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/01/health/hindsight-is-kind-to-steve-jobss-decision-to-delay-surgery.html

http://tinyurl.com/5u8vyc8

> The only good news in this case is now I may eventually
> get Flash on my iPadÂ…but otherwise what a waste of a
> life, all based on holding strange untenable beliefs.

Or the luck of the draw. We have no way of knowing,
and it's ignorant and arrogant to pretend otherwise.