There's a "Magical" quality to TM you'll never get unless you actually do it.
No amount of data regarding the outer, superficial properties of TM can
penetrate the outer coverings (what can be written down in a book); and get
into the Absolute heart of the matter. A pissing contest enumerating academic
and/or historial references is hopeless; ultimately speaking...although such
discourses are sometimes interesting.
http://www.fantasygallery.net/fishel/art_0_Teutopolis.html