The Andante Of Snakes

They weave a slow andante as in sleep,
Scaled yellow, swampy black, plague-spotted white;
With blue and lidless eyes at watch they keep
A treachery of silence; infinite

Ancestral angers brood in these dull eyes
Where the long-lineaged venom of the snake
Meditates evil; woven intricacies
Of Oriental arabesque awake,

Unfold, expand, contract, and raise and sway
Swoln heart-shaped heads, flattened as by a heel,
Erect to suck the sunlight from the day,
And stealthily and gradually reveal

Dim cabalistic signs of spots and rings
Among their folds of faded tapestry;
Then these fat, foul, unbreathing, moving things
Droop back to stagnant immobility.

Arthur Symons

[http://images.clipartof.com/small/1048180-Royalty-Free-RF-Clip-Art-Illu\
stration-Of-A-Cartoon-Evil-Snake.jpg]

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, maskedzebra <no_reply@...> wrote:

> Dear Vaj,
>
> Look, Vaj: if you can furnish *any* proof that you know me beyond
having (perhaps) been a  witness to an hour's conversation in
Washington, DC 25 years ago where I resisted hearing my astrology chart
read aloud to me (being at that time a serious convert to Catholicism,
and having understood the Church's Teaching about the harm of accepting
some mystical determinism as the explanation for the person that I was),
I will promise to support and champion you here at FFL. And why am I
willing to become a Vaj apologist (if you provide the slightest evidence
to back up your claim: "I'd be happy to refresh your memory!")? Because
clearly, if there is any truth whatsoever in this assertion of
yours—not to mention that indeed you were in fact a TM
initiator—it means that you have decided, even knowing that you are
telling the truth about these things, that you deliberately wish to
arouse suspicion about the veracity of those same claims. And
this—the motive you have in wanting people to doubt the truth of
what you say—intrigues me, as suggesting you are following some
enigmatic and impenetrable mission, a mission whose success evidently
depends upon your acquiring a reputation as a liar and a mountebank.

> What this amounts to, then, is some kind of manipulated martyrdom: you
are in fact a TM initiator; you did in fact have personal contact with
Maharishi; you did practice the Sidhis; and you really did have a
face-to-face conversation with me (even hearing me speak about Michael
Jackson—although once I became a Catholic I certainly altered my
idea of everything, including what I took to be something—at that
time 1984-85—angelic about Jackson)—but you choose to shroud all
this in doubt and skepticism. What a fascinating strategy—but I ask:
to what end?

> On the other hand, I have decided if this aforementioned
interpretation is in defiance of the actual facts of the matter, then I,
in all sincerity, Vaj, ask that you seek professional help; or, if that
is considered too infra dig, that you seriously attempt to get control
of your compulsions, your Pinocchio-Walter Mitty Syndrome, through some
act of will.

> [The American Heritage Dictionary defines a Walter Mitty as "an
ordinary, often ineffectual person who indulges in fantastic daydreams
of personal triumphs.]

> Now I don't of course dismiss your intelligence, nor your knowledge of
various Eastern spiritual practices. And perhaps you are even an
accomplished person in the world. But this hunger to have a purely
imaginary life—associating yourself with TM, with Maharishi, with
being a TM initiator, with knowing (and even having confronted)
myself—when, as you know in your conscience all this is a lie, well,
it just baffles me. But then when I see you in action here at FFL I
realize that this entire fantasy life has got the better of you; that
you cannot help yourself; that you are powerless to get control of this
behaviour. And therefore I am going to look upon you, Vaj, with mercy
and compassion. You cannot help following out this dream world to the
very end.

> That is, assuming the alternate interpretation is invalid: that you
are not gathering intelligence for some secret agency who is paying you
a fortune to have your reputation and honour
besmirched—deliberately—by making sure you say things that you
are certain others will know cannot be true.

> I would, though—and I realize this is ironic in the
extreme—like to share one confidential fact about me: I am married
to Lady Gaga—Now of course she will deny this if you confront her
with this fact; but the truth is, she has to do this; indeed she is even
supposed not to  remember even that we are married. But know, Vaj that
we *are* married. Just ask her to e-mail you offline and *I* will be
happy to refresh her memory.

> Robin
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj vajradhatu@ wrote:
> >

> > On Nov 27, 2011, at 12:41 AM, maskedzebra wrote:
> >
> > > I don't know you at all, Vaj. And you don't know me. That first
sentence of yours, it's your signature move. You are a fantasist. If you
can provide the name of one person from my past who will vouch for your
claim to know me, I will disavow what I say now without equivocation:
you are a liar. I think you could say you travelled with Lenin on the
train to Moscow just before the Revolution. What is this all about, Vaj?
This for me is a dangerous condition. Get a grip. If you overheard
something I said about Michael Jackson back in 1984 you would, without
even trying, convey the context of my experience. This is just something
you picked up second-hand. And it does not communicate, even then (when
I was in my Unity hallucination] what I thought about Michael Jackson.
Vaj you have never once even attempted to establish your bona fides
regarding Maharishi, TM, being a TM teacher, or your personal knowledge
of myself. I am amazed that anyone takes you seriously—that is, when
you attempt to falsify your personal history. You are a stranger to me,
Vaj. And if you did in fact meet me that one afternoon, I can't recall
you saying anything to me at all. Until you are willing to be honest
with me I will simply reject all your claims to know anything at all
about me—from personal experience.