Some of the Indian teachers who have migrated to the west consider
westerners who are intellectuals to be Brahmins.  And tantrics don't
restrict their teachings to Brahmins.  I've always considered the caste
system just to be a way of helping people understand their dharma but
not necessarily locking them in it.