Life can educate one to belief in God. And experiences too are what bring this
about; but I don't mean visions and other forms of sense experience which show
us the 'existence of this being', but e.g. sufferings of various sorts. These
neither show us God in the way a sense impression shows us an object, nor do
they give rise to conjectures about him. Experiences, thoughts,—life can force
this concept on us.

Wittgenstein