It is against reason to be burdensome to others, showing no amusement and
acting like a wet blanket. Those without a sense of fun, who never say anything
ridiculous, and are cantankerous with those who do, these are vicious, and are
called grumpy and rude

A moralist should be more profoundly concerned with friendship than with
justice.

Magnificence consorts with liberality in its material, with courage in its mode.

Aquinas

Sweet berries ripen in the wilderness;
And, in the isolation of the sky,
At evening, casual flocks of pigeons make
Ambiguous undulations as they sink
Downward to darkness, on extended wings.

Wallace Sevens

Hey Robin,Try to have some respect for what Ravi's going through. If you
honestly care,you'll realize things like this are best discussed off list.

This isn't a public laundromat.

On Dec 12, 2011, at 9:59 PM, maskedzebra <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> Hey, Vaj: Would you consider telling me what your diagnosis is of Ravi
Chivukula? Since you claim to have an explanation for his behaviour, how about
doing me the courtesy of giving your interpretation of Ravi Chivukulaâ€"simply
to disprove my claim that no one at FFL has confidence that they have understood
the causal basis of Ravi's Transgressive Mode (RTM).

> Since your whole thesis (at least in your previous post) is to contradict my
contention that Ravi Chivukula defies any common sense understanding, I think it
only fair that you disabuse me of my fixation, since my concern here (according
to you) is entirely misplaced and ridiculous.

> I am begging you, Vaj: Robin wants to be able to fit Ravi Chivukula into his
metaphysical paradigm: you can help me do this by telling me what Ravi Chivukula
is all about. And what I want here, is what you promised me is the truth;
namely, that you have a specific *experience* and understanding of what Ravi is
up toâ€"and why. Please just give me the broad outlines of your personal
experience of Ravi Chivukula so that I can at least make contact with one person
who 'gets' him.

> This will put a stop to this whole controversy. At least it will for me.
>
> Tell us now, Vaj: what gives with the Ravi boy? And please, use some of your
powers of persuasion which draw upon your real experience. Don't make it up.
Because we will know the difference.

> All what you say below has nothing to do with the issue:either of Ravi
Chivukula, or myself.