On 12/20/2011 10:13 AM, Emily Reyn wrote:
> I saw Columbiana...it might be O.K. as a "wind down" movie where you don't
> have to think too much, but except for watching Zoe Saldana in action...the
> plot, which shows promise at the beginning, doesn't deliver and requires
> great leaps of faith, IMO.

I call it "one for the money".  The "making of" was more interesting
than the movie.  Too much exposition or putting up signs like "now this
is happening."  Maybe the French can't make movies for Americans if that
indeed *was* the intended audience.  I wished there was a commentary to
explain what the hell she swallowed at the beginning because there were
no memory cards back early 1990s.  Talk about requiring great leaps of
faith.  One star or maybe two because of everything except direction and
story (Luc Besson can do better).