--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:

> On Apr 13, 2012, at 12:25 PM, raunchydog wrote:
>
> > "A close scrutiny of Patanjali's exposition of Yoga reveals that
> > the actual process of attaining the state of Yoga belongs not only
> > to dhyana, or meditation,...but also to all the other limbs of his
> > eightfold Yoga. Each limb presents the principle underlying the
> > practices that bring about the state of Yoga in the sphere of life
> > pertaining to that limb."
> >
> > "With the continuous practice of all these limbs, or means,
> > simultaneously, the state of Yoga grows simultaneously in all the
> > eight spheres of life, eventually to become permanent." Bhagavad
> > Gita by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
>

> God I can't believe people still cling to this drivel. What a moron.

Whoa! Just realized that it's not inevitable to interpret
 the compound word 'aSTaan.gayoga' (aSTa + an.ga + yoga)
as a karmadhaarayasamaasa. Actually, it might seem more
plausible to interpret is as a 'tatpuruSasamaasa'.

Vaj, if you don't understand the implications of interpreting
that samaasa as a tatpuruSa, please read the chapters concerning
the interpretation of Sanskrit compound words e.g. here:

http://www.amazon.com/Yourself-Sanskrit-Complete-Course-Language/dp/0071468528/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334348114&sr=8-1-spell

After reading that you might well shut the phuk up... ;D