We've discussed these before, it's nothing new. Since they've never ever come close to showing this magical "pure consciousness" exists most of this is moot! As the Cambridge Handbook of Consciousness points out these pure consciousness claims are best seen as metaphysical assertions. Since the earlier research failed to find anything significant and independent researchers were able to find that the EEG is the same as other relaxation techniques you would have thought these people would have taken another tack on their "pure con"! The most damning thing is that is already known is that when independent researchers used proper controls in EEG on TMers, there was nothing special going on at all. It's the same as someone relaxing. So it sounds like someone needs to show these guys how to stop designing poor studies.