Sigh...

Vaj takes a stance where he uses derogatory terms (sometimes going beyond
insulting to the point of genuine libel) when describing TM researchers and you
ignore his rhetoric.

I point out that Vaj ignores everything that has been published in the past 30
years, and you accuse me of trying to "score points." Well, yes, since my
original statement was to counter Vaj's claims, that's all I'm trying to do is
"score points" -points that counter Vaj's claims.

I have no intent to educate you or Vaj or anyone else on what the latest
research says when I merely assert that Vaj is wrong to ignore the latest
research.

You seem unable to accept this as a valid stance to take in this sub-thread: I
don't care what Vaj believes or what you believe. I was merely setting the
record straight concerning what Vaj has asserted about the past 30 years of TM
research: it DOES exist and is being ignored by the researchers that Vaj likes
to cite.

Ironically, people like Fred Travis do NOT ignore the latest research on other
meditation techniques.

L.

> [...]
> > (and the people he likes) ignore the past 30 years of TM
> > research.
>
> So you admit that your only point in this is to prove
> Vaj and these other researchers wrong. NOT to say anything
> positive about TM.
>
> That was my whole point.
>
> > You then proceed to defend Vaj's stance as though he's made
> > some kind of valid argument.
>
> I did nothing of the kind. I said *nothing* about that.
> I criticized what *you* were doing, and hypothesized
> the reasons why I thought you were doing it. You have
> just confirmed that hypothesis. You didn't really care
> about presenting the data from the research you cite
> as a way of making a case for the efficacy of TM; you
> cared about presenting it only as a way to "get Vaj."
>
> > It's not valid Unc. You either know it's not valid, and
> > are every bit as deceitful as Judy claims you are, or
> > are just plain stupid.
>
> Would you care to look back over my posts this morning
> and reread what I suggested was the intent of "defender"
> posts like yours and Judy's? I think I suggested that
> your real motivation was to try to portray TM critics
> as deceitful and stupid. Now you've done just that.
> And *I* am the one who is stupid?  :-)
>
> I think I've made my point (with your help). I don't
> believe for a moment that you actually care about pre-
> senting any of this research for the benefit of those
> wanting to learn more about TM and why it might be good
> for them. I believe that you have confirmed that your
> only real motivation is to "get Vaj." And now me.
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, turquoiseb <no_reply@> wrote:

> > > Seems to me that's his right.
> > >
> > > I'm going to ignore it, too, because what you posted
> > > *conveys no information*. It is a series of pointers
> > > to things that *you* feel are meaningful, but you
> > > haven't bothered to "do the work" to describe them,
> > > and why it might be worth someone else's time to
> > > examine them.
> > >
> > > Pick one or two of these studies that you feel are
> > > most important, and tell us WHY you think that. As
> > > it stands, you *have to know* that no one on this
> > > forum is going to click on any of the links provided,
> > > given one sentence from the Abstract and a URL.
> > >
> > > And why should they? YOU are the one with a bug up
> > > your butt about "proving" TM's efficacy. Most of the
> > > rest of us don't give a shit. If you want to make the
> > > case that some of this research makes a clear case
> > > for TM's value, describe that case and describe that
> > > value, in terms that might make a lay person inter-
> > > ested enough to read more.
> > >
> > > As it is, you provided a list that does not entice
> > > me to read *any* of it, and then used that list as
> > > the basis of a Vaj putdown: "He just ignores it."
> > > Well, so did I. So will almost everyone here on this
> > > forum.
> > >
> > > And WHY? Because you didn't "do the work" to make any
> > > of this sound interesting enough to us to want to read

Instruments of