--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@...> wrote:

> Sigh. Unc, all you're doing is taking sides. Vaj says "you
> never show any research... no don't bother."
>
> Then, I show the research and you say: "but you didn't pre-
> digest it for us."
>
> I don't have to pre-digest it for you OR Vaj. The fact that
> EEG research exists that was published 30 years AFTER the
> comments that Vaj cites to prove he doesn't need to look at
> new research is all that is needed to prove MY point: Vaj
> (and the people he likes) ignore the past 30 years of TM
> research.

So you admit that your only point in this is to prove
Vaj and these other researchers wrong. NOT to say anything
positive about TM.

That was my whole point.

> You then proceed to defend Vaj's stance as though he's made
> some kind of valid argument.

I did nothing of the kind. I said *nothing* about that.
I criticized what *you* were doing, and hypothesized
the reasons why I thought you were doing it. You have
just confirmed that hypothesis. You didn't really care
about presenting the data from the research you cite
as a way of making a case for the efficacy of TM; you
cared about presenting it only as a way to "get Vaj."

> It's not valid Unc. You either know it's not valid, and
> are every bit as deceitful as Judy claims you are, or
> are just plain stupid.

Would you care to look back over my posts this morning
and reread what I suggested was the intent of "defender"
posts like yours and Judy's? I think I suggested that
your real motivation was to try to portray TM critics
as deceitful and stupid. Now you've done just that.
And *I* am the one who is stupid?  :-)

I think I've made my point (with your help). I don't
believe for a moment that you actually care about pre-
senting any of this research for the benefit of those
wanting to learn more about TM and why it might be good
for them. I believe that you have confirmed that your
only real motivation is to "get Vaj." And now me.

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Thing is, Unc, I've cited it many times. Vaj just ignores it.
> >
> > Seems to me that's his right.
> >
> > I'm going to ignore it, too, because what you posted
> > *conveys no information*. It is a series of pointers
> > to things that *you* feel are meaningful, but you
> > haven't bothered to "do the work" to describe them,
> > and why it might be worth someone else's time to
> > examine them.
> >
> > Pick one or two of these studies that you feel are
> > most important, and tell us WHY you think that. As
> > it stands, you *have to know* that no one on this
> > forum is going to click on any of the links provided,
> > given one sentence from the Abstract and a URL.
> >
> > And why should they? YOU are the one with a bug up
> > your butt about "proving" TM's efficacy. Most of the
> > rest of us don't give a shit. If you want to make the
> > case that some of this research makes a clear case
> > for TM's value, describe that case and describe that
> > value, in terms that might make a lay person inter-
> > ested enough to read more.
> >
> > As it is, you provided a list that does not entice
> > me to read *any* of it, and then used that list as
> > the basis of a Vaj putdown: "He just ignores it."
> > Well, so did I. So will almost everyone here on this
> > forum.
> >
> > And WHY? Because you didn't "do the work" to make any
> > of this sound interesting enough to us to want to read
> > more. You used it only to bash Vaj.
> >
> > > Research on the physiological correlates of pure consciousness found
> > > during TM practice:
> > > http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7045911
> > > Breath suspension during the transcendental meditation technique.
> > >
> > > http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10512549
> > > Pure consciousness: distinct phenomenological and physiological
> > > correlates of "consciousness itself".
> > >
> > > http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9009807
> > > Autonomic patterns during respiratory suspensions: possible markers of
> > > Transcendental Consciousness.
> > >
> > > http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10487785
> > > Autonomic and EEG patterns during eyes-closed rest and transcendental
> > > meditation (TM) practice: the basis for a neural model of TM practice.
> > >
> > > http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19862565
> > > A self-referential default brain state: patterns of coherence, power, and
> > > eLORETA sources during eyes-closed rest and Transcendental Meditation
> > > practice.
> > >
> > > Research on the physiological correlates of the stabilization of pure
> > > consciousness outside of meditation in long-term TM meditators:
> > >
> > > http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12406612
> > > Patterns of EEG coherence, power, and contingent negative variation
> > > characterize the integration of transcendental and waking states.
> > >
> > > http://www.tm.org/american-psychological-association
> > > Abstract for the 2007 Conference of the American Psychological
> > > Association
> > > Brain Integration Scale: Corroborating Language-based
Instruments of