On 05/06/2012 10:18 AM, Susan wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, turquoiseb<no_reply@...>  wrote:
>> Speaking of "digital introspection," and the future of
>> considering ones digital landscape more real than the
>> real landscape, here's a BBC video about an Android app
>> that allows you to combine the two.
>>
>> A national museum in the UK has enabled its visitors to
>> get a personal tour of several of the exhibits, narrated
>> by a 3D version of a famous British science presenter:
>>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/9718563.stm
>>
>> When the teachers start to lose kids to their smartphones,
>> the smart teachers develop apps for the smartphones. :-)
> Where I live, kids can brings phones to school, but must turn them off except
> at lunch.  STarting next year, all students from grade 5 up will be given
> iPads.  I thin this is the beginning of major changes at schools.  WE already
> have Smart Boards, but this is the next step.

That's what Apple does with all the money they have is get students (and
teachers) hooked on Apple product which are more costly than other
machines with the same components and that gives them addicted customers
and even more money.  They've been doing this since the 1980s (when I
had to help some local area teachers with their Apple II computers in
the classrooms).

Now if Microsoft or Google did this there would be all kinds of howling
but they only make the OS not machines and Google Android OS is free.