In most of Europe, the cost of gas is above US$9 per gallon. And remember, we
have subsidies for oil pricing that partially/fully offset the taxes levied at
the pump.

Without oil subsidies, many alternate forms of power would be much closer to
the point of economic break-even, or might already have passed that point.

L.