I did some checking. The USA subsidizes oil at somewhere between 70 cents and
$3.50 per barrel. There's about 20 gallaons of gas obtained per barrel.
Assuming that 1/2 the subsidies are for gasoline, that works out to somewhere
between 1.5 and 7.5 cents subsidy per gallon of gasoline, so you are correct.
The biggest difference in pricing between the US and Europe is not subsidies
but taxes and exchange rates.

L.