<snip>
> To further springboard off of this quote, being as it is
> an indicator of the validity of Robin's assessments of
> people, one should point out that the "most extraordinary
> person I [Robin] had seen" is judged by history to be the
> cause of an estimated 30,000 people executed in Iran during
> his regime, for the crimes of heresy or other perceived
> affronts to the glory of Islam. Most are also familiar with
> the fatwa (death sentence) he pronounced against writer
> Salman Rushdie, which has forced him to live most of his
> life in hiding.
>
> But then again, these things might not affect Robin's judg-
> ment of the man. He might, in fact, be comfortable with them.

Again, because Barry never bothered to read Robin's
posts, he isn't aware that Robin's view of Khomeini
in 1982 was not the view he holds of Khomeini today--
to the contrary. Robin has been crystal clear that
he considers himself to have been functionally insane
during the 10 years he was having the experience he
calls Unity Consciousness (which includes the year he
wrote the above, 1982).

<snip>
> I suspect there is much to be learned not only by how
> clinically manic one is when describing the people (and
> institutions) one admires and defends, but in the choice
> of the people (and institutions) themselves. I further
> suspect that one can learn as much from which controversial
> fellow posters on Fairfield Life one admires and defends.

Whether whatever Barry learns from any of this is worth a
bucket of warm spit is another question. Generally speaking, he "learns" only
what confirms his preconceptions.