> I'm not actually a big fan of Madonna. But I'm less of
> a fan of hypocritical prudery. It's difficult to name
> even a single paper or online news portal these days
> -- liberal or conservative -- that doesn't litter its
> pages with "invitations to voyeurism." If it's not the
> latest celebrity "nip slip" or "upskirt" photos, it's
> live video of the latest atrocity. The readers probably
> all sit there gazing at these things, shaking their
> heads and saying "The world is going to hell in a
> handbasket," but they all click on them, and probably
> more than once. It's sanctioned soft-core porn.

As a followup, one of the most insidious and (to
my oh-so-highly evolved sensibilities) distasteful
Huffington Post-isms of late is the proliferation
of the term "sideboob" in their headlines.

I mean, really. Like men are so starved for the
sight of a breast that they'd be tempted to click
on a link that promises nothing more than a glimpse
of the side of one partially revealed by a dress
or T-shirt.

Oh. Wait. Huffpost's online circulation is way up
since they started doing this. Never mind.

Anyway, this link points to someone at Funny Or Die's
humorous "take" on the sideboob revolution, taking it
to the next logical step.

http://www.funnyordie.com/pictures/01f30d0c03/huffington-post-s-new-sideball-page?playlist=featured_pictures_and_words