--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@> wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long <sharelong60@> wrote:
> >
> > "The only way out is through" Now there's some wisdom. The thing about TM
> > is that it promises that you don't have to got through as releasing the
> > stress is supposed to be enough to return you to a state of perfect
> > equillibrium.
>
> For many people, it is, but they tend to have a real life and not get stuck
> working for the TMO.

Not really the point though is it? If TM lived up to its claims
you wouldn't be able to get stuck.

> >Sadly not the case and it goes some way towards explaining the astonishing
> >amount of dysfunctional people I came across during my time in the TMO, all
> >of whom were convinced they were operating at above average levels due to
> >the fact they were in touch with the home of all the laws of nature and
> >therefore, blah... blah....
> >
> > Shame really, all these seekers getting stuck and not realising it.
> >

> People who want perfection for the sake of perfection (e.g. seeking
> enlightenment and the perfection that lies therein) tend to be a bit skewed
> in their own thought processes. It's a variation of the "you have control
> over action alone, never over the fruit" thing.

Being a bit skewed is the sort of thing one would expect TM to
shift, according to the intro lecture. And it isn't what we
find. TM seems to wind people tighter in a lot of cases, some
sort of admission or study of this would show that MUM take
TM research seriously in the sense of studying what it actually
does.

> Mind you, in certain contexts, perfection for perfection's sake is useful.
> For example, I'm trying to revive my classical guitar technique by developing
> specific contact juggling techniques that overlap the coordination needed for
> classical guitar. The fact that these juggling techniques aren't very pretty
> and probably I will never master them to the point that I can "perform" them
> in public, isn't relevant to my purposes. I can sit quietly in a waiting room
> trying to balance a pool ball on my fingertip(s) without bothering anyone,
> and still, in a sense, be practicing the guitar.

At last I know what people are doing with their pool balls!

> But again, I'm doing the exercise "in the moment," rather than thinking about
> how I'm going to wow the crowds with a virtually invisible trick, so the
> search for perfection in this context isn't a big deal, on  its own.  It's
> just a preparation for something else...
>
> Just like TM and the TM-Sidhis.

Poor analogy, I can see how stronger fingers might help guitar
playing but for the life of me don't get how it translates to
yogic flying? The belief that twitching with your eyes closed might one day
turn into flying unaided seem like a stretch to this
casual observer.....