--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams" <richard@...> wrote:

> emptybill:
> > It gives an accurate account of Shankara's central
> > teaching points and demonstrates the divergence
> > between Shankara's original advaita and the yogic
> > advaita that appeared after the fourteenth century.
> >
> Advaita Vedanta is just a restatement of Vajrayana
> Buddhism, the 'Consciousness Only' school. Almost
> all the Upaanishads were composed after the Shakya's
> passing.

Where I am coming from, where I just spend the last 3 month, buses have
sign-boards saying: Nagarjuna, there is a popular cement brand called Nagarjuna
as well, I used to have philosophical discussions with my friend, walking on
the street, when a bus, having a huge sign 'Nagarjuna' was just passing by. I
think people there don't know much about him, as there are hardly any Buddhists
in the population, but about 400 kms north there is this place 'Nagarjunakonda'
where Nagarjuna spent most of his life in the forests.