So what.  I have often thought about quitting my job for various
reasons.  And of course, it's all about money.  In  many other
countries, doctors just don't command the pay (or prestige) they do
here.  I remember being invited down to a lake house with some families
of my kid's grade school.  Our neighbor was an orthopedic doctor, and I
remember having the discussion, (after the kids had gone to bed, and we
parents were shooting the bull), and saying that doctors may have to
accept less money in the future in order to bring health care costs in
line.  He got so offended he and his wife left early the next morning.
That was the beginning of the end of that friendship.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, wgm4u <no_reply@...> wrote:

> Eighty-three percent of American physicians have considered leaving
their practices over President Barack Obama's health care reform law,
according to a survey released by the Doctor Patient Medical
Association.

> The DPMA, a non-partisan association of doctors and patients, surveyed
a random selection of 699 doctors nationwide. The survey found that the
majority have thought about bailing out of their careers over the
legislation, which was upheld last month by the Supreme Court.

> Even if doctors do not quit their jobs over the ruling, America will
face a shortage of at least 90,000 doctors by 2020. The newly passed
health care bill increases the demand for physicians by expanding
insurance coverage. This change will exacerbate the current shortage as
more Americans live past 65.

> By 2025 the shortage will balloon to over 130,000, Len Marquez, the
director of government relations at the American Association of Medical
Colleges, told The Daily Caller.

> "One of our primary concerns is that you've got an aging physician
workforce and you have these new beneficiaries — these newly insured
people — coming through the system," he said. "There will be strains
and there will be physician shortages."

> The DPMA found that many in the medical profession do not believe the
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act will lead to better access to
medical care for the majority of Americans, co-founder of the DPMA
Kathryn Serkes told TheDC.

> "Doctors clearly understand what Washington does not — that a
piece of paper that says you are `covered' by insurance or `enrolled' in
Medicare or Medicaid does not translate to actual medical care when
doctors can't afford to see patients at the lowball payments, and
patients have to jump through government and insurance company
bureaucratic hoops," she said.

> The American Medical Association, which endorsed Obama's health care
overhaul, was not able to immediately offer comment on the survey.
Spokesperson Heather Lasher Todd said it would take time to review the
information in the survey.

> Janelle Davis of the American Academy of Family Physicians said the
AAFP could not provide thoughtful commentary without studying the
survey's findings and methodology.

> Read more:
http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/09/report-83-percent-of-doctors-have-cons\
idered-quitting-over-obamacare/#ixzz20AS5JNbA