--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, iranitea <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, awoelflebater <no_reply@> wrote:
<snip>
> > And the sense of camraderie with your fellow stalkees is
> > unmistakable. That is rather humorous actually. Judy, take
> > note, they LIKE it!
>
> Judy would know what this term refers to: It is the fact that
> she followed Barry here, after he had left AMT for good,
> trying to find a more consensual discussion environment.

"Followed Barry here" (as did a number of
alt.meditation.transcendental participants)--*at his express
invitation*. He urged us to join him on FFL.

"After he had left AMT for good"--no, he stuck around AMT
for some time after he started posting here and several
alt.m.t participants, including me, had come over.

> The conflict between them is one of decades, 14 years as
> Barry says.

Seventeen years, actually. (And in English, BTW, one doesn't
refer to anything less than 20 years as "decades.")

Barry and I have been on at least two other TM-related forums:
a Yahoo group called TM News; another now-defunct Yahoo group
called TM Controversy (I'm not absolutely positive he was on
this one); and John Knapp's TM-Free blog. In all three (or two)
cases, Barry followed *me* to these groups (and not at my
invitation, either).

Would I claim Barry's been "stalking" me because he joined
two (or three) TM groups after I did? Of course not; that
wouldn't be honest. He was interested to see what was going
on on those groups; it had nothing to do with my being on
them. The "following" was only chronological.

I had been a member of FFL for a year or so before Barry
joined, as it happens, but I hadn't participated; I just
lurked occasionally to see what was going on. And after Barry
invited us over from AMT, I stuck largely to lurking for
awhile, speaking up only when Barry or Vaj (who was also on
FFL) misrepresented something that was going on on alt.m.t.

I started reading FFL on a steady basis after Barry's
invitation because I was interested in a more TM-insiderish
view of the whole Raja and million-dollar-course business,
which were the latest developments. I didn't come here for
the purpose of "stalking" Barry; after all, as noted, he
stuck around on alt.m.t for awhile, so it wasn't as if
(contrary to iranitea's implication) I would only have had
access to him on FFL.

(Before Barry had issued his invitation on alt.m.t.,
incidentally, he had been busy trashing me on FFL. I wasn't
reading FFL at the time; I only discovered this later on.)

> When Judy came back this week, her second post was to him.

Wow! That's so revealing, isn't it? (Of what, exactly?)
Don't feel bad, iranitea, I'll get to your posts from
last week shortly.

> Now, Ann, beyond all playfulness and humor and teasing each
> other, take one deep breath and a minute of silence: 14
> years! Consider this.

But consider also that iranitea doesn't really know what
he's talking about, as you can see from the above. He's
taken Barry's disingenuous and malicious bluster as the
definitive story. I guess that's what you do when you're
a groupie: You swallow everything your leader says as if
it's the gospel truth.