Vag

You should give up trying to convince TM practitioners by paraphrasing
ol' Gelugpa Lati Rinpoche and Rama Linga Ding Dong.

As usual, your Buddhist Gelugpa idiot-olgy betrays you as a doctrinare.
Shiva. You'll feel like you are going higher and higher. You can then
tell everyone all about the "vastness" of your view.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:

> On Jul 29, 2012, at 10:59 AM, Share Long sharelong60@... wrote:
>
> > Thanks.  This is clear and very helpful.
> >
> > Just one question:  it seems you are using awareness, presence and
remembering interchangeably (see snip below).  Am I understanding
correctly?

> > over-arching awareness or presence. It's the over-arching
remembering

> In this model, awareness becomes sheer-awareness, which dissolves into
nondual presence. All three are maintained and supported by an
over-arching mindfulness. Combined with introspection we can thus
develop a type of metacognition that can operate as a kind of
"quality control" for quickly detecting laxity or mental
over-excitation.

> In Buddhist tradition, a mind that can falls into laxity or
over-excitation is considered "dysfunctional". Heaven forbid we
actually train our mindstream as dysfunctional because of
institutionalized fear of balanced attention! ;-)